Sunday, June 5, 2011

Ec-scaping Facebook

So... this new, amazing, totally earth-shattering blog, named Home Ec-scape, is finally born.  Really, I have never ever thought that I would want or LIKE to blog.   It seemed weird, too artsy, and honestly, just too time consuming.  And even more unlikely was the fact that I would leave Facebook or what a friend recently called "The dreaded book of faces", ha.  But this blog post is my first step to doing just that.  You see, Facebook started eating a little too much of my time, and apparently, reputations are made there--- so on Friday, at some point, I made a surprising decision (for those of you who know that I post, read, and comment quite a bit) to delete my account.  Now, it hasn't happened YET, and I have no idea how to do that, but the fact that I have this new outlet, will make (at least) the emotional part of it a little easier... and maybe the withdrawals.  Here's to hoping that some of those Facebook "friends"  that supposedly were entertained by and enjoyed my "updates" over there" will follow me to "Home Ec-scape" where the posts will serve the same purpose--- to "update" friends and family on my life in Texas as a (new school) Home Ec teacher, aspiring photographer, dog-owner, experimental chef, Anti-home ec wife, and travel-lover!  There we go... more tomorrow, when I tell you the story of how the blog name came to be... and some introductory pictures.  I won't lie... this is somewhat EC-CITING!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I am impressed and excited all at the same time. I look forward to the new Blogging experience (if there is such a word as blogging) I seem to learn so much from my daughter. Oops it is suppose to be the other way around I thought. Oh well, Thanks Margot for the new experience

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margot! I love that you used my book of faces quote in your new blog! I'm going through facebook and collecting contact info for people I don't have any way to contact without fb. When I got to you, I wrote down your email and then saw your blog address. I am adding it to my bookmarks with other friend blogs. I will definitely keep up with your ec-citing adventures! Have fun! =)

    ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley-- I put your email in my contacts so that I could wish you luck on your facebook departure as well. So funny that we did it at the same time, although I'm not GONE yet :( And yes-- I tried to quote you because your post of why you were leaving cracked me up. But I honestly couldn't remember if I got the quote exactly right and I was too busy trying to get my blog up, that I didn't check. But I'm glad you saw it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl!Now we can be blog buddies! I'm going to add your blog to my blog list. You need to put up a profile pic so that everyone can see how cute you are!I try to keep my blog updated regularly. You can see some photos from our trip to Hawaii in May and my latest shoe purchase.

    browncatbakery.blogspot.com

    We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete