Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Happy 3rd Anniversary to us! UPDATED

Today, Flag Day, is our 3rd Anniversary....

We started with a love-bird breakfast out on our new patio (see the love bird plates?? :))  Einstein Brother's bagels -- mine with Sun Dried tomato cream chesse schmear-- my fave, and mimosas in our wedding champagne glasses (Thanks Aunt Pat and Uncle Mark). 

Otto got to open his gifts.  Mine are supposed to arrive today in the mail.  Since 3rd anniversary is supposedly the LEATHER year, he received some new Rainbow Leather Sandals, and a new wallet (since his current wallet consists of a rubberband). 

More later... we have a fun filled day planned.

Anniversary Continued.......

For lunch we went to Tillman's Roadhouse.  This place is simply awesome.  If you haven't been there, it's worth it just for drinks, the atmosphere, the popcorn, and the awesome decor.  The outside patio is so cool.  It's like retro, mod, country-chic.  I'd only been there for dinner or Happy Hour.  It's quite pricey, so it's usually saved for special occasions.  We had a late lunch at 1pm.  So we were basically the only people in there.  The give you this truffle oil popcorn with pepper and salt to munch on.  We easily ate three bowls of that.  Then we ordered fried bread and butter pickles--- those never arrived (thank goodness. the waiter just forgot to put them in, but it was ok, since my belly was stuffed to the max).  For main course we both ordered the same thing.  Usually I'd go out of my way to order different items, but I'm sure glad I got what I got! We both ordered the 7th street burger--- Kobe beef burger, gouda goat cheese, arugula, fried shallots.  It was amazing.  We both asked for medium rare-- in retrospect, we wish we had asked for medium.  It was so good.  I drank this deliciously sweet blood orange mango punch, which our waiter kindly didn't even charge us for.  And as bonus, country singer Pat Green perused the restaurant while we were in there.  I resisted the paparazzi shot.

Here we are outside on the patio after the lunch.  Like a ding dong, I didn't have my memory card in my fancy camera, so I had to take these with phone. Totally does the decor NOOOOO justice.  I am sitting in a Retro Charles Eames Herman Miller bright orange rocker.  There are cacti, and cut logs as a space divider.  Just love the style here.

After lunch, we shopped around with full bellies.  We had a Starbucks, ran some errands together, looked for decor for our NEW OFFICE (post to come soon!).  We went to a Mexican restaurant because Otto wanted some chips and salsa and a margarita.  I could barely finish my drink, but I managed to down some chips and salsa.  We actually had plans to go to Lonesome Dove , another country-chic 5 star restaurant for dinner, but we were so full that we couldn't.  That's postponed til tonight!  Two-day anniversary, how fun!  

So, my LEATHER gifts actually arrived today.  They came all the way from Bali.  Otto picked out two amazing handbags and a gorgeous wallet from an artisan on the Novica website.  These are handmade and impeccable quality.  Not only that, but they're not the designer type that every other girl in DFW is going to be carrying around.  Otto thought of that, because he's thoughtful like that.  He said that I am too stylish and unique to be carrying around a Coach or Louis bag (no offense if you own one, I have a couple SMALL ones too).  He actually couldn't decide between two bags, so he got both, PLUS the wallet.  They are totally cool and ME!!  They arrived in gorgeous packages, with a handwritten postcard note from the Balinese designer.  Otto did so well.  These gifts were purchased with love-- if you know Otto, handbags, clothes, and accessories aren't exactly things he believes in spending a lot of money on.  But to show his love, he did.  <3

See pictures below--- look at the amazing wrapping.  So cool.



7 comments:

  1. Very romantic breakfast. Happy 3rd anniversary. I hope you have many more. Dave and I will celebrate 37 on July 7th. Wow...are we that old????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the plates! That's the china pattern one of my friends had on her registry and I salivated over them. (not literally-that would be unsanitary!) Happy anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 years already!? I can't believe it. I have only been gone 2 years. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the plates and the purses! Great job, Otto :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bags are so cool. And Otto is great for finding them and getting them for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy anniversary to you two =) Love the bags Otto got for you, amazing! sounds like y'all had a perfect day, miss you friend!!

    ReplyDelete