Monday, June 6, 2011

Ec-scaping School-- the first few days of summer

Here's a few pictures from the past few days as I get used to "summer life" and the "ec-scape" from school...



After leaving the gym on Saturday, I stopped at an estate sale (I am definitely my mom's daughter).  The only thing I found were these lovely window "candoliers".  Since becoming an adult, I've wanted some because they remind me of my childhood and the decorations that we had at our house and my grandparents' homes.  There were 5 boxes marked at $2/pc, but lucky for me-- they were half price, so I got 5 boxes for $5! What a deal!!
 


This is a beautiful and interesting picture of my Texas Star Hibiscus.  It's the first bloom of the season, which is why I ran out to shoot it on Saturday am.  This is morning light that turned out glowing as if it was night and I had a flash, which I did not.  I just love this plant because it reminds me of tropical places and my beloved, Florida.  My momma purchased the plant for me a couple years ago.  It's had a few death threats, but it keeps coming back and seems to thrive even under the care of this BLACK THUMB of mine :)



1 comment: